Whether it's flatwater paddling during lulls in the swell, surfing atop a paddleboard, or paddling for exercise, paddleboarding has become one of the world's fastest-growing watersports.
Whether you're looking for entertaining stories about paddleboarding or looking to improve your skill, you can find the answers in paddleboard books
But not just any paddleboarding books — the best paddleboarding books.
That's exactly what we'll break down in this guide.
The Best Paddleboard Books
1. "The Ultimate Guide to Stand-Up Paddleboarding" by Ken Hoeve and Chase Kosterlitz
This comprehensive guide covers everything from paddleboard techniques and equipment to safety tips, making it a go-to resource for beginners and experienced paddlers alike.
2. "Paddle Your Own Kayak: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Kayaking" by Gary and Joanie McGuffin
While focusing on kayaking, this book offers valuable insights into paddling techniques, strokes, and water safety that are applicable to paddleboarding.
3. "The Complete Guide to Stand-Up Paddling" by Steve West
Steve West provides a thorough guide covering various aspects of stand-up paddling, including equipment selection, paddling techniques, fitness, and safety considerations.
4. "Stand Up Paddling: Flatwater to Surf and Rivers" by Rob Casey
Rob Casey's book caters to paddleboarders interested in diverse environments, offering guidance on navigating flatwater, surfing, and paddling in rivers.
5. "SUP: How to Paddleboard" by Dave Price
This beginner-friendly guide by Dave Price covers the basics of stand-up paddleboarding, focusing on foundational skills, equipment, and safety measures.
6. "Paddleboarding 101: A Guide to Stand-Up Paddleboarding" by Susan and Michael Heinrich
Geared towards beginners, this book provides an easy-to-follow introduction to paddleboarding, including techniques, equipment essentials, and safety tips.
7. "Paddleboarder's Guide to Sunshine State: Florida" by Josh Olive
Specifically focusing on Florida's paddleboarding scene, this guidebook offers insights into the best spots, routes, and experiences for paddleboard enthusiasts in the Sunshine State.
8. "Paddleboarding: Essential Guide to Equipment and Techniques" by David Stuart
David Stuart's book emphasizes the significance of proper equipment selection and offers detailed guidance on paddleboarding techniques for various skill levels.
9. "The Stand-Up Paddle Book: The Complete Stand-Up Paddle Surf Guide" by Captain Gerry Bresadola
Captain Bresadola's book focuses on paddleboarding in surf environments, providing tips, tricks, and insights for those looking to ride waves on a paddleboard.
10. "Paddle Your Own Canoe: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Canoeing" by Gary and Joanie McGuffin
While centered on canoeing, this book covers paddling techniques and water safety principles that can be applied to stand-up paddleboarding.
These books offer a wealth of knowledge on paddleboarding, covering techniques, equipment, safety measures, and exploring various environments, catering to paddlers of different skill levels and interests.
add more paddleboard books
Absolutely! Here's an extended list featuring more excellent books catering to paddleboarding enthusiasts:
11. "The Stand Up Paddle Book: How to Get Started" by Captain Dan Sawyer
Captain Dan Sawyer offers a beginner-friendly guide covering the essentials of stand-up paddleboarding, including basic techniques and gear recommendations.
12. "Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man's Fundamentals for Delicious Living" by Nick Offerman
Nick Offerman's memoir includes insights into his love for paddling and woodworking, along with anecdotes and philosophies that resonate with outdoor enthusiasts.
13. "The SUP Bible: Stand Up Paddleboarding Tips and Tricks" by Andre Corentin
This comprehensive guidebook includes tips, tricks, and advanced techniques for paddleboarding, catering to both beginners and seasoned paddlers.
14. "Stand Up Paddleboarding: A Beginner's Guide" by Lani Iris
Lani Iris provides a beginner's guide that covers the basics of paddleboarding, focusing on technique, equipment, and safety considerations.
15. "Paddle Boarding 202: A Complete Guide to Advanced Stand Up Paddleboarding" by Amelia Bleak
Geared towards intermediate and advanced paddlers, this book offers in-depth guidance on refining skills, advanced techniques, and exploring challenging waters.
16. "The SUP Blueprint: Stand Up Paddleboarding Made Simple" by Robert Rummel-Hudson
Robert Rummel-Hudson's guide simplifies the learning process for beginners, offering step-by-step instructions, tips, and troubleshooting advice.
17. "Paddleboarding: An Essential Guide to Stand-Up Paddleboarding Skills" by Kevin Lee
Kevin Lee's book focuses on developing fundamental paddleboarding skills, including balance, paddling techniques, and navigating different water conditions.
18. "The Paddleboard Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Stand-Up Paddleboarding" by Marcus Schneider
Marcus Schneider's comprehensive guide covers paddleboarding techniques, equipment, fitness, and safety practices, catering to paddlers of all levels.
19. "Paddleboarding: The Complete Guide to Stand-Up Paddleboarding" by Mark Roberge
Mark Roberge offers a comprehensive guide that covers everything from paddleboard selection to mastering advanced techniques, suitable for all skill levels.
20. "SUP Adventure Guides: Coastal Paddling" by Jonathan & Melissa Thompson
Focusing on coastal paddleboarding adventures, this guidebook provides insights into exploring and enjoying coastal waters on a paddleboard.